Courseware Design and Demo Center
Our Instructional Design Model is based primarily on the concepts of performance-oriented instruction, mastery and the sequencing of instructional activities and strategies. The model for our online courses draws heavily from adult learning principles that emphasize learner initiative, self-management and experiential learning. The design of each CBT Direct online course starts with the definition of user-focused performance objectives and then proceeds to the selection and implementation of instructional strategies and learning activities appropriate for those objectives. Frequent practice questions or exercises, along with assessments, measure users' achievement of those objectives. This robust, yet flexible design methodology creates an instructionally sound framework for the design and development of highly interactive, engaging and instructionally effective online coursesóregardless of the content focus or level of learning.
The Instructional Design Model of our online courses is intended to meet the challenge of creating effective and engaging instruction thatís easily deployed on global computer networks. Our design, development and quality assurance standards and processes are all geared toward ensuring that each online course meets our expectations for the best instruction possible.
Each online course in our library includes:
- Learning outcomes specified by performance goals and objectives
- Content and learning activities based on specified objectives
- Assessment based on the knowledge and skills specified in the objectives
- Options to take assessments in either pre- or post-test mode
- Instructional strategies and multimedia elements tailored to the specific online course content
- Instructional strategies appropriate for the content and learning level, such as examples, behavior modeling, guided practice and simulations; and levels of learning appropriate for the content and the target audience
The theories and principles embedded within our Instructional Design Model are actualized via:
- Friendly, intuitive graphical user interface
- Online course structure and interface that supports self-paced, user-controlled instruction
- Unlimited access to instruction and mastery assessments
- Standardized templates to create unified and predictable functionality
- Variety of presentation, practice and assessment templates supporting high levels of user interactivity and engagement
- Standardized, yet flexible, flow of instruction
Starting from this set of common elements and attributes, our online courses then include the instructional strategies most suitable for the content and specified objectives. For instance, the approach to teaching communication skills is different from the approach to teaching finance or accounting skills and the strategies used to teach these two business content areas differ from those used to teach computer and software skills.
SkillSimô business skills simulations enhance the interactive business skills courseware experience by immersing online course learners in rich task-based, multi-path simulations to provide realistic practice in the business subjects being taught.
Blended Business Curriculum
Designed as complementary learning tools to CBT Directís business skills online courses, SkillSims allow learners to step into a realistic scenario in which they can practice newly-learned skills in an experience-rich, risk-free environment. With integrated links to their corresponding CBT Direct online course series, SkillSims provide a uniquely powerful learning experience that allows the learner to immediately apply newly-gained knowledge to challenging business situations.
Rich, Multi-Path Simulations
Online training SkillSimulations provide learners the opportunity to practice new skills by navigating through different scenarios in which they encounter a variety of business problems.
Each SkillSim, designed to take about 30 minutes of time, reinforces key business skills learned in a specific CBT Direct online course series. As in real life, a learner has the opportunity to select different online courses of action and the scenario plays out according to the learnerís response. Events such as telephone calls, meetings, emails and interruptions add to the reality of each scenario and provide supplemental information that enhances the richness and authenticity of the learnerís simulation experience.CBT customers or returning guests click here
Please Turn Off Popup Blockers
or returning guests;
1. Enter Email address
2. Invoice Number